Network: bsc inbound-outbound queries (including "Money Flow" webpage) fail 99% of the time

Hi,

for the last week, I’ve been struggling to get the money flow of a specific wallet for a specified date range (inbound-outbound). Important notice: this started happening to me a month or two ago. Before that, it worked fine without serious issues.

First:
The Money Flow pipe diagram (Sankey) basically now doesn’t show/load for me 99% of the time (succeded only once in the last week), not even for the last 7 days range. Example:

Second:
Based on a query of the Money Flow pipe diagram, mentioned above, I’ve taken the query and stripped it down a bit to watch only BNB flow. It worked fine a few months ago. Now it fails 99% of the time but still consumes 2-10 points (!).
Link to my query (IDE): GetAddressIncomeOutcomeBNB_V2

I’ve tried also using the query mentioned in this post (see " All inbound and outbound transfers for Ethereum"):

I’ve noticed that for Ethereum blockchain works perfectly also for me. However, if I switch to the BSC blockchain (network) and of course enter a wallet from BSC it starts failing immediately, as discussed above.
Link to my query (IDE): GraphQL IDE

A few errors I am getting:

Were there changes in BitQuery support for BSC?
Any feedback on that matter would be welcome.

Kind regards,
PM

The query could be optimized by breaking it into 2 queries one for inbound and outbound.

The link for the query you shared might be saved in private that’s why we cannot review the query.

Sorry, I was sure that I’ve set it as public:

Will splitting this query into two queries really decrease both time and CPU resources?

Shouldn’t it perform fine just as it does for the Ethereum blockchain instead?

Splitting to two queries, one for inbound and the second for outbound, did not help at all. Errors still persist when dealing with BSC blockchain/network.

The query is still not visible

Try now? I noticed that the BitQuery GraphQL IDE has some issues saving basically anything…

UPDATE: The setting to set the query as shared doesn’t seem to work for whatever reason no matter what I try…
Due to that, I guess I am forced to post the full query here, I see no other option:

{
  ethereum(network: bsc) {
    inbound: coinpath(
      initialAddress: {is: "0xd49555ec28380a84ed93a9f4900046463bdae654"}
      depth: {lteq: 1}
      options: {direction: inbound, asc: "depth", desc: "amount", limitBy: {each: "depth", limit: 10}}
      date: {since: "2022-03-01", till: "2022-03-25"}
    ) {
      sender {
        address
        annotation
        smartContract {
          contractType
          currency {
            symbol
            name
          }
        }
      }
      amount
      currency {
        symbol
      }
      depth
      count
    }
    outbound: coinpath(
      initialAddress: {is: "0xd49555ec28380a84ed93a9f4900046463bdae654"}
      depth: {lteq: 1}
      options: {asc: "depth", desc: "amount", limitBy: {each: "depth", limit: 10}}
      date: {since: "2022-03-01", till: "2022-03-25"}
    ) {
      receiver {
        address
        annotation
        smartContract {
          contractType
          currency {
            symbol
            name
          }
        }
      }
      amount
      currency {
        symbol
      }
      depth
      count
    }
  }
}

I see no problem as I tested your query it’s working.

But it reduces the number of points deducted from your subscription. Aliasing the GraphQL query gets 2 jobs ( in this case ) done using only 1 API call.

I tried it again, and I got some errors, but the query seems to have succeeded. Then I reloaded the page and the query succeeded fine with no errors.

I suspect that the BitQuery IDE interface didn’t load properly for me and it had an impact on running the query… Or I have some bookmark that I should stop using I guess…

So is this issue resolved @Penko_Mlakar or are you facing some difficulties again?

Yes, I believe this issue can be marked as resolved.
Thank you for all your help.

1 Like