Best way to compare two BSC tokens without marketcap

Since we aren’t able to get the marketcap of tokens using BitQuery what’s the best way of comparing two tokens? I can get the value ok a single token but that isn’t helpful since $1 might buy 1 token but more sometimes it’ll buy 1 million tokens. I want to be able to relatively compare two tokens and see which one is performing better. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello! Although the marketcap is not available directly from Bitquery, it can be deducted. Regarding the other thing, can you explain more in detail what you want to achieve?

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. The same thing really. I would like to plot a chart with useful information on it but right now it’s hard to show the information relatively. A token with a marketcap of $1,000,000 going up 50% is very different to a token with a marketcap of $50 going up 50%.

How could I deduct the marketcap without knowing the circulating supply?

1 Like

Got you!

To obtain the marketcap of a token, you need the circulating supply
To obtain this data with Bitquery you can do the following:

• Obtain the minted tokens
  • Get the tokens that have been burned

Note that the total mined tokens have to be subtracted by the burned tokens, usually projects use these directions for that:

• 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000001
  • 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dEaD
  • 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Here’s a query that will let you know exactly that:

Here in this query you query for the balance of 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 but you can add the addresses I mentioned by changing the is to an in.

Regards.

3 Likes

Brilliant, thanks. I knew how to calculate the marketcap but I think I misunderstood what’s meant by circulating supply. I always thought it meant the number of tokens that had actually been sold. This makes sense though, thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks again but I have one more question. I’ve been messing around with this query and noticed it uses about 500 points. I’m pulling data on quite a few tokens and this’ll get through my free allocation quite quickly. My query currently only uses about 1 point per call, any reason why this one is so expensive?

2 Likes

when a query takes many points it is usually because it occupies a large performance in the servers.

anyway, some ways to avoid spending a lot of points and optimize our queries could be:

• see which fields we are not using and do not get them
  • see if you can get the data in an optimal way

referring to the query above, maybe there are some fields that are not needed, for example:

• quotePrice
  • block
  • currency name

it all depends on the data you need.

2 Likes

I’m a little thrown by the part of your query which fetches the balance on those addresses that show minted and burned tokens. It looks like rather than querying the balance at a particular point in time, they look for transfers to those addresses over a window of time. If I want to get the minted tokens do I have to just guess when that would have happened and use a time window large enough?

Right now I have a query that works out when a token was launched and then uses a window between the launch date and the current time. If I were to add this function to my existing query would I have to set it to start something like three days before the launch date?

1 Like

In the query, transactions does not have the dates defined, they are in null:

since: null, till: null

so you get that data without specifying the date

1 Like